Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The San Francisco Treat

It's Sarah's first email from her incredible journey! Aren't you excited?

Today I biked about 4000 miles from downtown San Fran to quaint Sausilito. There I was, zooming across the Golden Gate Bridge, wind in my helmet, singing the theme song from Full House, thinking about Party of Five, and all the other wonderful things I know about this beautiful city.

I love the world already! We saw the entire city, met really nice people, ate sourdough bread, and had Ghiradelli hot chocolate from the famous Ghir. square. We went to Haight-Ashbury and saw the burnt out hippies and walked along the sketchy Mission area. We saw Alcatraz from afar, fisherman's wharf from anear. But seriously, we biked all day (2 hours!) and i'm exhausted. I'm still in America but kinda feel like I'm on another planet. I have no cell phone, no clothing, no cosmetics, no anything! (Did I mention that the airline forgot my bag?)

Tonight we depart for Hong Kong, and if SF seems like another planet, HK will seem like an alternate universe. I'm looking forward to it.

Stay tuned for more from Sarah's excellent adventure!

Love, Sarah

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails