Chicken, Mangold, and Mushroom Stir Fry
I just whipped this up quickly and it was delicious, so I thought I'd share.
1 onion, sliced
1 basket of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
4-5 large mangold leaves, including stalks, chopped
boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled and sliced
Note: My amounts listed above are estimates. I'm not a measurer. Nor do I look at the clock ever, so my timing here is also approximate.
1. In a large skillet, heat up some olive oil (like 2 teaspoons?)
2. Add soliced onions and saute about 8-10 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.
3. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook for 3 more minutes.
4. Add mangold and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Add chicken slices and mix until thoroughly heated. I happened to have pre-cooked chicken. But if your chicken is raw, you can add it and just stir fry until cooked all the way through.
6. Add a few splashes of dry red wine. (I'm guessing it was 1/8 of a cup.)
7. Add salt to taste. I guess you could add pepper. I didn't.
8. Turn off burner and enjoy straight out of the pan. (You could transfer to a bowl or plate, but I'm just giving it over as I prepared/ate it.)