Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Chicken, Mangold, and Mushroom Stir Fry

Chicken, Mangold, and Mushroom Stir Fry

I just whipped this up quickly and it was delicious, so I thought I'd share.

2 portions

Ingredients:
olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 basket of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
4-5 large mangold leaves, including stalks, chopped
boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled and sliced
red wine
salt

Note: My amounts listed above are estimates. I'm not a measurer. Nor do I look at the clock ever, so my timing here is also approximate.

1. In a large skillet, heat up some olive oil (like 2 teaspoons?)

2. Add soliced onions and saute about 8-10 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.

3. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook for 3 more minutes.

4. Add mangold and saute for another 3-5 minutes.

5. Add chicken slices and mix until thoroughly heated. I happened to have pre-cooked chicken. But if your chicken is raw, you can add it and just stir fry until cooked all the way through.

6. Add a few splashes of dry red wine. (I'm guessing it was 1/8 of a cup.)

7. Add salt to taste. I guess you could add pepper. I didn't.

8. Turn off burner and enjoy straight out of the pan. (You could transfer to a bowl or plate, but I'm just giving it over as I prepared/ate it.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails