Wednesday, June 06, 2012

The Wonders of Childcare

It has been a monumental 2 weeks for our little girl. Meira started walking, stopped breastfeeding (cold turkey), and started going to gan. Monumental, I should say, and quite wonderful.

I thought weaning would be traumatic for both of us, but it couldn't be clearer to me that it was the right time to do it (I just couldn't bear saying "no" to her all day long -- 3 times a day wasn't enough for her and I wasn't willing to feed on-demand anymore). Today she had her first cup of non-breast milk since she was 2 months old!

And now with gan -- what a change! Instead of her whining and complaining around the house for HOURS, she's out with other kids and playing. (They're all 2-4 years old, but still -- she has turned into the little gan mascot, their human toy.) The teachers say she is excellent and never cries. She's there from 9-12 and then comes home and naps for 2-3 hours.

She has mostly stopped crying herself to sleep (yes, after a full year of trying EVERYTHING) and now sleeps through the night.

My afternoons go a lot smoother when she's so well rested and after I've gotten a full morning of working and cleaning and relaxing.

Things are looking up.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails