Sunday, July 08, 2012

Why I Hate the Beach

Top 4 Reasons Why I Dislike the Beach

1. It is hot and sunny. Unless you spend the entire time in the water, you will have no choice but to walk/sit/run after a kid in the boiling hot sun. If you've ever spoken to me for 5 minutes or more, than you know I have issues with the sun, but seriously, does anyone actually like that bright hot sun beating down on them?

3. Sunburn. I put sunscreen on, and yet still get burnt. And not just a mild burn, but a bad burn in streaks where I didn't rub in my sunscreen well. Okay, maybe that's my fault, but still.

4. The water. It is salty and stings. It is dangerous. People drown and get eaten by sharks and stung by jellyfish.

5. Sand. I've saved the best (worst) for last. Sand is my greatest enemy. There is just no way to get rid of it. It takes over your entire life. I guess it's fine at the beach -- it certainly gives my kids something to do (and eat), but then, you get home, and it's EVERYWHERE. In your bags, in your food, in your clothes, in your toys, in your hair, rubbing up against your sunburned skin. Maybe you finally manage to shower it all off your body, but then there's your house that's been attacked. Somehow sand got into the sheets of your bed, onto the rugs, on the couch, all over the floors. The bathtubs and the washing machine, while doing a good job of cleaning you and your clothes, end up being sandy and yucky themselves.

And you're telling me you LIKE the beach? I just don't believe you.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails